Thursday, August 12, 2010

So You Think You Can Dance Season 7 Finale...Part 1

As some of you already know, I am a HUGE fan of So You Think You Can Dance.  I love it.  I love dance.  I wish I could, but I can't. 

Last night was the Season Finale (part 1) in which it was the audience's last turn to vote...Results are revealed tonight for Kent (on the left), Lauren, and Robert (on the right).

The show?  Not bad...it wasn't the dancers, but there were a couple of dances that I just didn't think were appropriate for the end of the year competition, a little juvenile if you know what I mean.  I tried to find some that I could post with this post tonight, but couldn't. 

I thought Kent did an amazing piece with Allison...a routine about a couple who have issues in their relationship, but don't deal with the problems.

Robert, I thought was best with Kathryn, who danced to Cool from West Side Story.  Both of their expressions with their faces and bodies were just so "bang on" that you couldn't help but be envious of the way they moved their bodies.

I do need to give Robert kudos though for his routine that he did with Mark Kanemura, but probably not for what you think...I'm in love with Mark Kanemura as a dancer and this piece, I just couldn't keep my eyes away from him.  Mark is quirky and unique and boy do I love that about him...Now I realize that he probably bats for the other team, but I don't care...If I can still have a crush on Rock Hudson, I can have a crush on Mark :)

And then there's Lauren-one of the judges, an amazing choreographer (one of my alltime favorites) said it best-if i was still dancing, I'd want to dance like you.  I can't dance, but she's who I would want to dance like.  She's the whole package and her versatility I think has made her one of my favorites through the whole season.  She did two routines that were fabulous, a hip hop routine with Twitch and a ballroom routine with Pasha.  I loved both, but I must say I do love her in the ballroom.  She has so much strength and yet eminates so much more.

So my pick, even though I can't vote as I am not a resident of the U.S.?  LAUREN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment