Friday, February 4, 2011

2 Months and Counting...

So it is official...it's been over 2 months since making the big move.  How am I doing?  Okay, but I am getting serious cabin fever.  My life is school and staying inside the house, doing school work.  It's been frigid cold for what seems like weeks now and I've about had it.  I need to do something soon to feel like I'm meeting people or something.  It doesn't seem that Birtle offers much and with the weather so cold, walks aren't even possible.  Its been quite lonely-but people are friendly and helpful.  I got stuck in my driveway the other day as it was warm, allowing the tires to sink into the snow and get caught.  A neighbor down the street was driving past, and went back for his tow rope to help me out.  I'm not used to that-people helping strangers.  Portage wasn't like that-it was cold and quite self absorbed. 

School has kept me busy and it's allowed me to be the workaholic that I am.  But I recognize that you can't devote so much time to work...I'm going to keep my ears and eyes open to see if anything comes up for me to meet people and get out a bit in town.  We'll see...I'm hanging in there...

No comments:

Post a Comment