Thursday, January 28, 2010

Oscar the Grouch with a Masters

So this week I feel like I've been Oscar the Grouch.  I feel grouchy-don't know if I've been portraying that but wow.  I'm ready for this week to be over.  The kids are driving me nuts-most likely because we've all been shut in from the blizzard and it's been too cold to even go out.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow!  TGIF!

I've decided that I'm finally ready to go for my Masters in Special Ed.  I'm like super excited, almost bouncing off the walls.  I've wanted this for so long (my Masters) and it feels good to start working towards this.  Why Special Ed?  I love at risk kids and Special Ed not only includes exceptional children but also behavioral issues.  I'm hoping to focus my studies and thesis on aboriginal students.  Not sure at this time what focus it will be, but that's what I'm thinking.  I'm keeping my ears open for any phenomenal programs out there, so if you know any, let me know...I'd like to look into B.C. as I've been really impressed with some of the things I've heard on the reserves.  There just seems to be a true committment to children in some communities, some ideas which seem way beyond where Manitoba is right now.

But the Masters right now seems like the right time.  As tough as things are financially, I'm really hoping this could take me to the next level in my career.  I plan on applying for scholarships and bursuries, so we'll see.  My family is really excited, and that's amazing in itself.  It feels really good for my family to be so behind me.  I didn't have that with my other degrees, so it means a lot.

Well, I'm going to go and face the cold...brrr.....

No comments:

Post a Comment