Saturday, January 9, 2010

Brave Frontier???

So tonight I was brave.  Maybe foolish?  I don't know. I answered a call.  I picked up the phone and spoke to my birth father for the first time in years. It was interesting.  He phoned to tell me that his brother, my uncle, was in the hospital, which I already knew, but it was nice of him.  I spoke to his wife and that went well too. 

Without airing their dirty laundry, my father is not a well man. He never has been to my knowledge.  In the past, he has made it a habit of attacking me verbally, consistently lied, and been quite beligerant.  I broke off the relationship to save myself-sometimes all one can do under bad circumstances.

I've very likely opened a door, and I don't know how to feel about that.  I don't know if contact with him is wise or safe.  I don't know why I answered the phone.  I guess part of me wanted to be there for my brother should he have phoned (he's going through a rough time).  I don't know really know what to think...

No comments:

Post a Comment