Monday, August 17, 2009

Screw Up???

So in my midst of being inspired by Alendro's Indian cooking, I thought I can try this...so I tried a recipe from Anne Lindsay's light cookbook, a lentil and vegetable dish. I went out and got the ingredients and got all stoked. The results? Yuck, yuck, yuck...that gross...maybe the problem was that the recipe came from a white woman??? Go figure. I had planned on putting the recipe up if it was any good, and yah, no, so I'll put up another recipe, though it won't have anything to do with Indian cooking unfortunally.... :(

Mom's Banana Bread

1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups flour
3 medium bananas, mashed
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Cream margarine and sugar together. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth. Add mashed bananas and blend.

In second bowl, stir in flour with baking soda and baking powder, and salt. Add to banana mixture, stirring only to moisten. Transfer to greased loaf pan. Bake in 350 preheated oven for 1 hour, or until knife inserted comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment