Saturday, March 5, 2011

Rays of Hope

So the other day I heard BIG news...any teacher that is hired next year for my school gets permanent...PERMANENT!!  This is huge...I have been working for almost 9 years trying to get permanent but never getting it due to politics...Every single person in my school has to reapply for their job-including administration.  As the school was just acquired by the division, I think technically it's the legal thing to do.  I was told before by someone high up that I shouldn't have to worry about my job, so here's fingers crossed...I should know in a month.

So, while I'm not putting all my hopes into it, things seem to finally be getting better, though slowly.  I look back to where I was a couple years ago financially, and the difference now is unbelievable.  Yes, times are tough, but I have money for all the necessities.  I couldn't say that before.  I'm still living with my ghetto furniture (the single bed in the living room), but I'm okay with that.  I'm really hoping that I can get housing on the reserve (there are three teacher houses on the reserve-and I think one is coming available this summer), and then I'd probably get something.

Things have still been lonely, but I throw myself into my work, which can be healthy or unhealthy, depending on how you look at it.  I find that I never have enough time for my work though, and part of it is me living so far away.  I'm limited in the time I can spend in my actual classroom organizing and such.  That's frustrating.

But maybe, just maybe, wonderful things are right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment