Thursday, May 26, 2011

We Matter

Physically, I'm doing great.  I'm eating different, way healthier, and I'm sticking to the plan.  I'm so proud of myself for that.

Emotionally, it's been a rough day a bit.  As a teacher it's hard seeing what some of your students experience, and today was hard because of that.  I can't say much but the student is physically okay just having a hard time with events in their life....besides being a teacher, I often play mom too.  Everything in me wanted to take this child in my arms and protect them and say nothing bad will happen.  If only I could promise the truth in that...

As a teacher, I strive to make each student know how much they matter in this world, how much they can effect everything around them...this ten year old has such a rough journey ahead of them and I just hope that they can remember how much they matter.  We all deserve knowing that.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie, thanks for finding my blog and I hope that I can be of some help as you prepare for an lp joining your classroom. If you're on facebook I'd love for you to come and find me - would be much easier to keep in touch rather than commenting on our blogs. I have a link on my blog to my fb page. If you're not on fb, you can email me through my blog - just click the "email me" link. Looking forward to chatting

    ReplyDelete