Thursday, April 8, 2010

Petting Zoos, Doc Walker, and Drew Hayden Taylor

So without even realizing it, my quest to do one new thing each month has taken on a life of its own.  I do it now without even realizing it, and I'm happy to be stepping outside of my "box".  You know, I always critisized my family for being happy within the box and never wanting to experience anything new.  I get the box-it's comfortable, it's safe, it doesn't shake the boat.  But that's also not me.  Tell  me not to shake the boat, and boy, I'll start shaking the hell out of it. But my box is cozy, but i'm not content to just be the same.  I like to grow and experience  things and take chances, even as scary as it is. 

I went to the brand new PCU centre for a concert with the girls.  I had a great time rocking out to Doc Walker and Shane Yellowbird.  I have to admit though, I got upset with Shane Yellowbird.  I was standing by the windows trying to get reception for my cell and out he walks. I asked him for a picture and he said sure, but you have to get in line with everybody else.  Ha...my revenge?  Not getting in line.  He ticked me off...lol.  I'd had my picture taken with him before, but there was no around, nobody had seen him but me, and the nice security guard said he'd take our picture.   I did get in line for Doc Walker as they are Portage boys...and one of them had taught me back in Junior High.  Great guys!


The same day, I had taken my goddaughters Kiana and Dakota, to a petting zoo at our local greenhouse.  It was okay.  Not great as they had brought everything in, but the girls loved it.  I just happened to get some awesome pics too!  We had a sleepover where we decorated eggs, watched The Princess and the Frog, decoated suncatchers, and just had a good time.  I love my girls.  I couldn't imagine life without them now. 




I also got to meet my favorite author this past week, Drew Hayden Taylor.  Oh my goodness, he is funny and easy on the eyes.  It was a pleasure to meet him and to get him to sign his new book, Motorcycles and Sweetgrass.  I've never met one of my favorite authors before, and this had a lot of meaning.  I don't know-I really connect with what he writes.  He makes sometimes understand things that I didn't understand before and I like that.  If you haven't read him, you have to.  He's absolutely funny and I promise, his books are worth buying!

Anyhow, there's more to write, but it's getting late and I need to get to bed.  Night People

No comments:

Post a Comment