Friday, April 9, 2010

Trust

So I'm going to talk about something really personal...trust.  The truth?  I have huge issues with trust.  To me to fully and completely trust someone is rare.  I want to trust but the honest truth is that there isn't one person that I trust with my whole heart.  Now don't get me wrong-there are people I would trust with my life but in general, my faith in people has been shaken.  I've been hurt so much in the past year, heck my whole life, and right now, it's hard to let go completely of that hurt.  Part of it might be that I've been placed under more stress in the last year and a half too, that emotionally, I'm still recovering. 

I'm good at building walls to protect myself, and I've gotten better as the years have gone on.  But I'm not proud of this.  Don't get me wrong-I can become vulnerable in my relationships and I often wear my heart on my sleeve, both in friendships and relationships.  At the same time, that's gotten me hurt but that's who I am.  When I truly trust, it's wow. 

There is one person who knows me far above others, and you know you are.  I thank you for sticking with me through the good times and the bad times.  So many times you've been my rock and your friendship means everything to me.  How I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment