Monday, November 2, 2009

Soothing the Soul

(A work in prgress)

Stress-it may only be a five letter word, but it sure does a lot to you. Sometimes I wish for the simpler way of life, where things aren’t as rushed or pushed. I think I know myself well enough to know how to handle the stress, but sometimes, it can still get to me.



Luckily today, I got to come home and work on my stained glass. If you don’t know, I am a stained glass artist, and it is something that truly brings me joy. I love creating, and stained glass allows you to be very creative and unique. I’m currently working on a commission. The patron? An old friend that I used to work with that loved my Inukshuk series.



See, there is a beautiful rhythm in stained glass, and I don’t mean physical. It can take whatever is bothering you and soothe it and comfort it, and wear it down until you’re filled with a lot more peace. I’ve always said that there is no better way to relieve stress than breaking glass, and it’s true. What it does for me is soothes my soul, as corny as that may sound. And right now? I need comfort, I need to be soothed. And in the process, I get to create. I get to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment