Sunday, November 29, 2009

Along For The Ride

I'm working on my 2nd commission of the Christmas season-a very odd request. I was requested to do a rooster on a motorcycle. My client explained that her mother loved roosters and the mom's boyfriend loved Harleys.

I had a hard time starting this project even...I didn't know where to start or if I could successfully pull it off. I admit it, I dragged my feet a bit. But the sketches are done. And the two main concepts are pretty incredible. They scream biker rooster in my opinion.

The sad news, and my heart was broken when I heard this, was that the mom's boyfriend died the other day after battling cancer for 7 months. I understand how important this project is and I'm honored to be a part of the journey.

The client comes tomorrow to choose a sketch and approve color/glass samples. I'll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment