Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm Not Dead

So I'm not dead despite what you might think, and neither is this blog...I just have no phone or internet still.  School starts back this week, so I came in for a day of organization, hence, I am able to post....yippee!  Hopefully, phone (and maybe intenet) will be up working tomorrow when the technician shows up....yup, the phone situation is that bad...

So I've been here for almost a month-and I'm doing okay.  It's been hard in the sense that I feel cut off from many, but I do see this all leading towards something better.  There are definite advantages living away from a working civilization-you get lots of quiet, it's peaceful, you spend a lot less, and when you have to make a trip to the city, you enjoy your shopping excursion more as your thankful for the things you can buy.

It is extremely beautiful where  I live and that has been a huge blessing...I wake up every day and see beauty in the hills and valleys.  It's breathtaking.  Already, I have seen a wolf, lynx, moose, deer, and a jack rabbit.  I had never seen a wolf or lynx before, so that has been unbelievable.  To see an animal in its natural habitat and not cooped up in a zoo is very humbling...puts into perspective why we need to care for the environment.

But it is different moving to a place where you don't know anyone or anything.  I didn't realize it before but I am definitely a huge comfort zone person (way more than I ever thought), and moving out of that has been disarming and liberating at the same time.  It's eye opening and challenging, but like I've said, I think it will be well worth it in the end.

Well, I need to get back to organizing the classroom....

No comments:

Post a Comment