Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Week of School and Then Some...

So, I have finished my first week of school! Every morning I came in, the secretary would say to me, oh good, you came back! Ah....I like it, I do. Different in a sense from Sandy Bay, but I really like it. Sandy Bay had over 1000 kids plus over 120 staff whereas my new school has about 140 kids, and only 8 teachers-so it's different, but it's a good different.

I have a large class-I'm teaching a split grade 5/6, but I can honestly say that despite not having a honeymoon period, they all have something wonderful about them. I have quite a few more girls than boys, and more Grade 6's than Grade 5's.

I was told the other day by a sister of my student, that their mom thought I was pregnant. My response, nope, no baby, no baby. I felt like saying (though I would never say this to a child), "nope, I'm just fat..."...lol...I love the honesty of kids, honestly. I had to choose to laugh, because what else was I going to do? Actually, I'm not fat...I have very lovely curves!

So as I said no honeymoon period, but I wouldn't call the kids bad...they're just testing the waters. Heck, I would be too. I remmeber being that age, and I tested the waters a lot!

I'm excited by what's to come-I'm exhausted, but I'm really excited. I really think it's going to be a great year and I'm really excited about the group of kids I have. So, I'm going to toast a new school year with my diet coke...cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment