Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

So last night as we were eating supper and then later with the family, I noticed one thing among the whole festivities...something was lacking. There was no talk of the reason for Christmas or anything. I felt it was really sad. See, I consider myself a Traditionalist Christian, meaning that I believe in the traditional ways along with believing Christ as my savior. Some might find that very contradictory, but hey, that's me. The creator is the creator. The whole thing made me sad. Yes, we celebrated family, but there was no celebration beyond that. It's hard to even know how to incorporate some things in, as strange as that sounds. My family in many ways have grown so fragmented, and we have all gone down our different paths. So what do you do in this case?

No comments:

Post a Comment